shipping containers
                                                                                                             Importing goods into the U.S. can be a daunting task.  Trying to maneuver through the pages and pages of Customs Laws can drive you crazy; this is where a Customs Broker like me fills in.  By using me as your Customs Broker, I act as the middle man between U.S. Customs & Boarder Protection and your merchandise.  I file the necessary forms with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and with other U.S. agencies if needed.   Sometimes, your goods have to go for a Customs Exam and I can help facilitate that process as well.   Once your goods are cleared and in your hands I provide post-import services, such as protests of duty and drawback.

My services include but not limited to:

Customs Clearance


If you import merchandise into the United States, you need to make a Customs Entry.  This can be either a formal or an informal entry, depending on the amount of invoice and/or what the merchandise is.  I can handle all types of Customs Entries; Formal Entries; Informal Entries; Section 321 Entries; Personal Effects; Goods Returned; Type 86 Entry and many others


Importer Security Filing


This is a new initiative started by U.S. Customs and Border Protection to counteract international terrorism.  Importers that import merchandise by vessel, are required to send specific information regarding their shipment 24 hours before the merchandise is loaded on the vessel in the country of export.  I can ensure your information is sent to U.S. Customs and Border Protection correct and on time to avoid costly penalties.


Customs Bonds


All Customs Entries, Importer Security Filings, Drawbacks, and certain other Customs filings, need to be backed by a Customs Bond.  This can be a single entry bond for once in a while importers, or a continuous bond for high volume importers.  I can give you the best possible rate for any Customs Bond you need and file it with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.


Tariff Classification


Classifying your imports the correct way is an essential part of importing.  Obviously you never want to pay more, and you definitely don't want to pay less then what U.S. Customs & Border Protection says you should pay.  I'll make sure your entry is exactly what the amount should be.


Payment of Duty


Paying your duty to U.S. Customs and Border Protection can be done in several ways.  I can set you up to pay your duty by shipment, by day, or even by month.  I can also set you up on electronic debit and/or credit.  Any payments or refunds can be automatically deducted or added through your checking or savings account.


Importing A Motor Vechicle

Automobiles, Motorcycles, and other Vehicles can be imported into the US but must meet EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and DOT (Department of Transportation) Regulations. There are certain exemptions such as age, returning resident, and others. Ask me about your specific situation.

Personal Household Effects


Are you importing Personal or Household effects from a move back or to the US? I can clear your Personal Household effects for you. Call me to discuss.




Sometimes you need a ruling from U.S. Customs and Border Protection to ensure you are paying the correct duty on a new or existing product.  This happens when you are importing merchandise that is hard to classify, or might not have ever been classified.  I can send the required information to U.S. Customs and Border Protection to get a ruling on the merchandise you plan to import, so there are no surprises when you finally import your merchandise.




Do you disagree with a decision that U.S. Customs and Border Protection made with regards to your merchandise?  You can protest some of these decisions if you submit the necessary paperwork within the allotted time.  I can help you with any decision that you disagree with and can inform you of the course of actions you can take.



Phone  (646) 300 - 4706 * - 4394 * jeff@nyccustomsbroker.com